Ringing in the new year marks a doorway from the past to the future. It’s no wonder people want to have fun and let loose on this night, especially if the year just lived through has been challenging, or if there is something special on the horizon.
Planning ahead for New Years is always a good idea so that you’re not stuck trying to throw something together the day or night of – it can end up being stressful, expensive, and chaotic if you’re doing it all last minute. In order to make the most out of the night, consider getting some plans in the books in advance. We provide some popular options and gift ideas for New Year.
Popular Options for New Year’s Eve
There are a few popular options for New Year’s Eve:
A Night Out On The Town
- This always fun option is great if you want to be in the hullabaloo and celebrate with strangers. It’s fun to walk the streets or grab tickets for a bar or venue, and to be really in the midst of the energy of a group of people at the stroke of midnight. Maybe your city or town does a big outdoor event or there’s a favourite bar you like that will serve champagne. There are always plenty of options for a night on the town.
Staying In With Friends
- After the last couple of years, people have grown more used to quiet nights in and having friends over or going to a small gathering with good food, maybe some board games, and some midnight hugs. This “civilized” version of events is great for people who don’t want crowds but still want some friendly fun.
Going to a House Party
- The most classic option of them all, a house party is usually a really fun time. It’s small enough that you don’t have to wrangle your way through crowds but you still get to be around friends and maybe make some new ones while you’re at it. House parties are a great way to ring in the new year and to start the new year off right.
Maybe you are planning to host your very own house party on New Year’s Eve! If that’s the case, we’ve got some ideas (chocolate-based ideas, that is) to help kick your party up a notch and to make your party one to remember.
New Year Gift Ideas
- If you are planning to host a New Year’s Eve party, you’ve likely already started thinking about food. Will you have a sideboard with snacks or will it be more of a potluck style? Maybe you’ll hire caterers to walk around with nibbles for your guests. And might we suggest that you consider including a chocolate fondue or chocolate fountain for party goers to enjoy? This versatile treat is perfect for a party – it’s classy, unique, and great for special occasions. A chocolate fondue feels like a real treat and you can have a whole range of options for guests to dip and enjoy.
- New Year’s Eve is a special night and therefore your party favors should be just as special. Customized chocolates are perfect to up the ante. The options are endless – you can order chocolate coins with the new year custom engraved onto each of them, or you can order chocolate bars with a phrase that captures where we’ve been or where we’re going to hand out as party favors for your guests. With customized chocolates, you can also design the wrapping and packaging, and you can order different flavors (dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and white chocolate) so that your guests have a range of options.
- Not like a chocolate bar, more like a huge selection of chocolate and candy options that your guests can create their own gift bags from. Think of it like a mini candy store for your friends and family to raid – they will LOVE IT, guaranteed. Stock up on a huge range of gummies, chocolate treats (you can have a bowl of customized chocolate coins on offer!), crunchy, salty, sweet, and chewy. A candy/chocolate station is a great way to engage your guests and to thank them for coming by. They’ll be talking about it all year and will help everyone start the year off right!
Hot Chocolate on Tap
- Plenty of people like to get a little bit silly on New Year’s Eve, and as a party host, you’ll have to decide what kind of drinks you are offering. One idea that we love is to have a BYOB theme, and then to have some options on offer that are non-alcoholic (that you can also add spirits to). Consider having a station to offer a couple of delicious drinks for guests, including egg nog and hot chocolate. Go for the good stuff, some rich, high-quality ingredients that will keep its flavor if your guests want to add something to extra to it.
Having a New Year’s Eve party is just so much fun, and it’s a great way to enjoy the festivities without having to face the madness of huge crowds (though that can be fun, too). And to throw a good party means having some plans in place. Menu planning, music playlists, rooms plans (of course everyone is going to end up in the kitchen anyways, and which rooms are off-limits), drink plans, and… will there be a theme?! Is it fancy dress? Will you have party favors to help ring in the new year – streamers and noise makers perhaps?
At the end of the day, ringing in the new year in whatever way is best for you means a fresh start and a clean slate for the days ahead. And if you can add chocolate somewhere in there, you’re already starting the year off right.